What Types of Oxidative Therapies Are Offered at The IV-Suite at The Center for Natural & Integrative Medicine?
- Ozone autohemotherapy
- UltraViolet Blood Irradiation Therapy (UVBI)
- Multipass Ozone using the Zottsman Machine
Autohemotherapy is the most common, and in most cases the most effective way ozone is administered. The patient sits in a chair and has 200mls of blood removed into a bag. Ozone is then injected into the bag and is gently mixed, allowing the blood cells to take up the ozone. The ozonated blood is then returned to the body within a closed system. Allow 60-90 minutes for this procedure.
Multipass Ozone Treatment using the Zottsman Machine
At the IV-Suite at The Center for Natural and Integrative Medicine we offer 2-5 pass treatments, considered to be the optimum number for a powerful and effective ozone therapy.
Why Ozone Therapy?
Oxygen is literally life-giving. Every cell in our body needs oxygen to function: without it, we would die within minutes. Our ability to think, feel and act relies on oxygen as does 90% of our body’s energy production.
It follows, therefore, that optimum health needs complete cellular oxygenation.
Ozone is a highly active and reactive form of oxygen that can restore optimum oxygen levels in the body.
What are the side effects of ozone therapy and is it safe?
What is Ozone Therapy?
Ozone therapy is the process of delivering ozone gas directly into your blood stream to restore optimum cellular oxygenation.
Ozone is a clear gas made up of 3 molecules of Oxygen – O3, instead of the 2 molecules – O2.
It is a very powerful therapy that helps increase oxygenation, detoxification and immune stimulation. There are only a limited number of clinics in North America that offers this treatment. The oxygen you breathe is present in the air as a pair of oxygen atoms. This is the most stable form of oxygen, and it’s colorless. Ozone is a blue colored form of oxygen (it is what makes the sky blue), and unlike regular oxygen, it is composed of three oxygen atoms instead of two. It is the addition of the third oxygen atom that makes ozone “supercharged” oxygen, and gives it all of its remarkable medical properties.
The use of ozone to treat various medical conditions was first developed in Germany in the early 1950’s. Today, medical ozone therapy is common throughout Europe, and its use has gradually been spreading in America over the last 25 years.
Oxidative therapies are used to treat a variety of chronic disease including:
- Chronic fatigue
- Cardiovascular disease,
- Lyme disease,
- Chronic hepatitis
- Chemical sensitivity,
- Macular degeneration,
- Chronic bladder conditions,
- Auto-immune diseases,
- Crohn’s disease.
Medical Properties of Ozone.
Ozone addresses the key issues in almost all disease conditions: oxygen delivery, circulation, and Immune system function. It has proven beneficial effects such as:
- Increasing oxygen delivery to cells, tissues, and organs
- Increasing blood circulation
- Boosting of the immune system
Ozone has five properties that account for why it works so well not only for macular degeneration, but also for most other chronic age related conditions as well:
- Ozone is a potent regulator of the immune system. This means that when the immune system is overactive (as in auto-immune disease), ozone will calm it down. Conversely, when the immune system is under active as in cancer, AIDS, and chronic infections, ozone will stimulate it. This unique ability of ozone stems from its action on the membranes of white cells that causes them to produce immune related messenger molecules called cytokines. Examples of cytokines are gamma interferon, interleukin-2, colony stimulating factor, and TNF-alpha just to name a few.
- Ozone stimulates increased uptake of oxygen by stimulating the enzyme diphosphoglycerate (DPG). DPG enables the release of oxygen from the hemoglobin molecule so that it can be taken up into the cell. In the absence of an adequate amount of DPG, our cells become starved for oxygen. This is a common problem in diabetics.
- Ozone improves circulation. It does this by enhancing the flow characteristics of blood as a liquid. This effect enables more of the oxygen carrying hemoglobin to reach the capillaries where ultimately the cells will receive more of the oxygen they require. Many patients with chronic inflammatory conditions have impaired circulation.
- Ozone increases antioxidant protection more than any other therapy including vitamin C. Most people with chronic disease have deficient antioxidant defenses.
Ozone is a powerful mitochondrial stimulant. The fundamental underlying cause behind all degenerative disease from diabetes to heart disease to cancer is decreased mitochondrial energy production. Ozone can often correct this problem.
Is Ozone Therapy for Me?
Some conditions simply will not clear up unless ozone is used, and of course many conditions will clear up without ozone. Because of its many therapeutic properties, ozone can be used as part of a therapeutic plan for almost every disease.
It is invaluable in the treatment of heart disease and circulatory disorders. Chronic infections such as hepatitis-C, herpes, Lyme, and AIDS respond very favorably to ozone. It is also very helpful in chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and autoimmune diseases.
Although ozone is often an indispensable modality, it is only rarely effective by itself. In the great majority of cases it must be combined with an individualized program of other alternative and natural therapies, such as nutrition and detoxification.
Ozone therapy should only be used by professionals who have been fully trained in its use. Dr.Kalidas has been trained by Dr. Shallenberger and Dr. Rowen.
To learn more about becoming a patient and receiving IV Therapies at The IV-Suite at The Center for Natural & Integrative Medicine, contact our new patient coordinator at (407) 355 9246 or request an appointment online.
Get back on the road to health
Our Ozone Services
- Ozone Autohemotherapy
- Multipass Ozone (Zottsman)
- Prolozone Injections
(must be a patient)