A hormonal imbalance can affect your mood, energy levels, sleep, and overall health. If you feel like fluctuating hormone levels are putting you in a slump, IV therapy is a natural treatment option that can help.
In IV therapy, specialized blends of nutrients are administered intravenously. This allows for optimal absorption, as the nutrients are absorbed directly into the bloodstream.
Several vitamins and minerals that support hormone regulation can be administered through IV therapy, including:
Magnesium is a highly beneficial mineral for hormonal balance. It contributes to hormone regulation in several ways, including:
- Thyroid function: Magnesium helps convert T4, an inactive thyroid hormone, into T3, an active thyroid hormone.
- Stress hormone reduction: Magnesium regulates the HPA axis to help ease the over-production of stress hormones. The HPA axis manages the body’s stress response.
- Blood sugar regulation: Magnesium aids in blood sugar regulation, while magnesium deficiency can lead to impaired insulin secretion.
- Hormone production: Magnesium helps the body produce hormones including progesterone, testosterone, and estrogen.
B vitamins are used in virtually every bodily system, including the endocrine system, which is responsible for hormone regulation. Specifically, B vitamins help the body produce the hormones serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, and melatonin.
- Serotonin is a neurotransmitter and hormone that helps with mood regulation and can support healthy sleep patterns.
- Dopamine is another neurotransmitter and hormone that’s commonly called a “pleasure” or “feel-good” hormone. It supports learning, memory, motivation, mood, attention, and arousal.
- Norepinephrine is a neurotransmitter and hormone that impacts stress levels, alertness, and arousal.
- Melatonin is a hormone that supports the body’s circadian rhythm for a healthy sleep cycle.
The body needs a certain amount of zinc, an essential mineral, to develop hormones and maintain hormonal balance. Zinc has been directly linked to the regulation of hormones including testosterone, estrogen, progesterone, and the thyroid hormones T3 and T4.
At The IV-Suite, we provide a wide range of IV therapy blends to help you achieve your wellness goals, including optimal hormonal health. To learn more, contact us today!